What I've been up to.

February 29, 2012

I've been hesitant to post here lately because I'm in the middle of switching blogs. Between working on a design for my new blog and working on designs for clients, I haven't had much time to think or write. I really hate switching blogs because I do this a lot. I wasn't too happy with this blog name when I first started it and I wouldn't really classify myself as a "mommy blogger" so the title doesn't really fit too well in my opinion. Plus, I don't plan on being a "single mom" forever (God willing! haha) and I would rather switch now rather than 2, 3, 4+ years from now when I've invested more time and energy into it. So, expect a post soon telling you all to please follow a new blog because this one will cease to exist soon :)

In other news, I bought a new laptop because mine completely died on me. It's an HP something or other. I'm probably an anomaly in the "tech" world. I'm a graphic and web designer (it's my full-time job) but I wouldn't classify myself as a "geek" like most do. I'm not really interested in geeky things or the tech side of it. I just like making the internet pretty. So, my computer is nothing fancy. It's not a sleek-looking MAC, it doesn't have 29084508342 gigabytes of ram. But it gets the job done and it didn't break the bank. I'm a simple girl. I also got a Bamboo tablet. I haven't had the chance to play with it yet because Aiden has sort of stolen it from me.


We haven't had a horrible Winter this year, but this past weekend it was pretty nice outside so I took Aiden to the little playground at our apartment complex.

 

AND! I tried something different with my hair. I found this hair tutorial on Pinterest but modified it a bit. My hair will not hold a curl to save my life. I wish I could find pictures from my 10th grade Homecoming. My poor stylist used about 2 or 3 cans of hairspray on my curls and they fell out before I ever got to the dance. I modified the tutorial a bit. I braided my hair while it was still wet, went to sleep, then followed the actual directions once I woke up and you can see the results below. I'm not sure what I think about it. My hair has never been anything but straight so it was weird. The first picture was taken about as soon as I woke up (obviously - still in my PJ's - which are just old sweats from when I was pregnant, lol). My hair felt really poofy so I put it in a low side ponytail (as you can see the other photo). I'm going to give it another shot this weekend. Oh, and it lasted all day... and the next day.


13 comments:

  1. Aiden is such a cutie! I can't wait to see the new blog! Also, thanks for the freebies. I just switched my background to the chevron print and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I change my blog frequently too, but it can't be helped sadly lol. I have a bamboo tablet as well but I haven't really used it that much. I really want to try and use it more though so we'll see.

    Love, Jazmyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get tired of blog titles too quickly, lol. Most of the time it's because I'm in such a hurry to get a blog up I just settle on something without thinking about how it actually applies. I love your blog by the way!! So glad you commented and I found it. Your daughter is adorable!

      Delete
  3. I think your hair looks good! I like the side ponytail. Aiden is adorable and looks so happy at the park. I am thinking about getting one of those drawing tablets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It just felt so.. poofy haha. You should get one! I'm having a lot of fun with it now.

      Delete
  4. I love your hair! I tried the same tutorial a couple weeks ago and it did not work at all and looked nothing like that picture! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha... I don't think it would've turned out good at all if I hadn't braided it wet and slept in it. How many sections did you braid? I did 10.

      Delete
  5. I had no idea you did graphic design! What a great job to stay home with your little one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I worked from home! Haha :( Actually I work full time as an in house graphic artist for a local web development company

      Delete
  6. Oooh I LOVE it in the side pony. Looks super cute that way! I used to use a 3-prong curling iron on my hair all the time, but just got tired of it. Might be time to try it again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable! love the hair, and your litle boy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is a older post BUT I just found your blog and was creeping through it! haha well anywaaays, I was gonna suggest trying to Conair spiral wave kit. It's these pink and blue tubes that you roll up in your hair before bed and it creates really awesome waves! I'll give you a link of the youtube video that describes how to use them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkWcJN05vZg! You get them at Walmart and they are like $12. Try them!!

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover