Recent Work: Blog Design for Cupcakes & Curves

January 30, 2013


I said on Monday that the Blog Promotion Series would continue yesterday but I'm re-writing it so.. it didn't. Instead, I'd like to share a recent blog design I finished for one of my lovely friends, Brandi of Cupcakes & Curves! Visit her blog to check out the completed design.

I've been online friends with Brandi since, I think, before I even had my first boyfriend. When she told me she was interested in having her blog designed I was thrilled! She wanted girly, feminine, and simple, but not too simple. She also provided me with some images for color inspiration. Cupcakes & Curves is a lifestyle and beauty blog so I illustrated some simple cupcake & makeup icons. You can also pin straight from an image... hover over an image to see the cute Pin It effect :) I really love how it turned out, especially the colors!

If you're interested in having a blog or website designed, feel free to send me an email at hello@goswoon.com for more information!

25 comments:

  1. Kendra, you really seemed to hit this client spot on. It seems like the whole look fit her personality & blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should teach your own seminar in web design! I'd be the first student to sign in haha! :D You're so great at this. I'm doing my best, but really, compared to my blog, yours is level asian haha. Great job :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be a terrible teacher, haha. I'm the worst at explaining things! But thank you so much lol :)

      Delete
  3. That's meeee!! I am so in love with my new design! Thank you, again, Kendra! <3
    xo - Cupcakes and Curves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Brandi's design! I keep trying to find the right look for my own blog but I'm so indecisive! :\ I can get things done, but they're not always the "correct way", which tends to lead to issues later on! Like how I just created a completely new design that looks super awful on all mobile devices. So frustrating. Any way, what I mean to say is - I wish I had your skills! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks good! It doesn't look messed on my phone :)

      Delete
  5. Your designs are always so amazingly done! Love the design you did for her and I love your new design too! :)

    Jazmyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I like the pin it thing you have on images. Super cute work Kendra!

    chevrons&anchors.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this design! The colour pallet is stunning and I love the pin this button :D
    How do you do that if you don't mind me asking? (the pin this hover on an image and have it link)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel! I used this tutorial: http://www.bloggersentral.com/2012/11/pinterest-pin-it-button-on-image-hover.html

      Delete
  8. That is really lovely. It totally fits the image of the blog. And the palette is so nice. Little graphics are cute cute cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I absolutely love this design. You are so incredibly talented! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute! I love the colors and design! great work :) so glad I stumbled upon your blog! new follower :)

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such a good job with this! I LOVE IT!!


    ♥ Anusha

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this design!
    I might be contacting you soon...I've been on the lookout for a great blog designer.

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover